Eureka Springs Summer Vacation
There are many reasons to visit Eureka Springs in the summer, but we’re giving you the lowdown on the best-of-the-best things a family should seek out on a hot, sunny day to get the most out of your summer vacation. You won’t want to miss out on these quintessential summer activities in Eureka Springs! Here is a list of Things to do for Kids in Eureka Springs
- Summer Float trip down the White River–The White River is the closest river to Eureka Springs (15 minutes away), and is floatable year-round! This is a great float, with beautiful scenery, lots of wildlife, and terrific trout fishing. The White River is an easy float, suitable for any skill level of paddler.
- Get on stage at Intrigue Theater–Are you ready to have your mind blown by the true masters of intriguing magic performed by Master Illusionist Sean Paul and the beautiful Juliana Fay? Take part in a fantastic evening filled with one mysterious and logic-defying moment after another. You will be drawn in by their mastery of their craft keeping you on the edge of your seats and you holding your breath one minute from the complete suspense of the moment to laughing out loud from the unexpected surprises.
- SHRED the Downhill–Some of the greatest mountain riding in Mid-America can be found in Eureka Springs. Eureka Springs and the Oz Trails system in Northwest Arkansas include a wide range of trails for mountain bikers of all skill levels, from novices seeking a picturesque ride through the Ozark Mountains to experts looking for a challenging ride.
- Overnight in a Safari Tent at Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge–Enjoy tent-style camping without having to set up a tent! Our Safari Tent offers you the excitement of camping but with the luxury of real beds and electricity. This is considered “glamping” and is a combination of the comforts of home and the Arkansas wilderness.
- Late Night Ghost Hunt–Learn the tales of the “most haunted hotel in America”–the Crescent Hotel, telling the stories of their resident spirits in the places where they happened. Or join Eureka Springs Paranormal Investigators beginning to investigate the most active spaces within the Basin Park Hotel.
- Front Row at the Great Passion Play–The Great Passion Play transports you over 2,000 years ago to witness the majesty of Jesus Christ’s life, betrayal, death, and resurrection. A cast of over 170 actors and dozens of birds and animals perform the Play on a set built into the hillside. In fact, the epic drama is staged on a massive set that is three stories tall and 550 feet across! Yet each of the 4,000 seats is close enough for you to clearly see and hear the “Greatest Story Ever Told”.
- In-City behind the scenes hike of Eureka Springs Trails–There are over 66 springs in Eureka Springs. 15 of the most well-known are within walking distance. Eureka Springs is known as “the city that water built” since it was founded on the springs.
- Stargaze from the Basin Park Hotel Roof–On Top of downtown Eureka Springs, amateur astronomers can enjoy recreational sky watching from the crow’s nest on the roof of the Basin Park Hotel with a 10 Inch Truss Tube Dobsonian Telescope provided by Explore Scientific.
- Shoot the Red Rider BB Gun–At Frisco Sporting Club at the Crescent Hotel you can Show off your sharpshooting skills on the targets–maybe even shoot a bullseye at the Red Ryder BB Gun Shooting Range. Open every night from 5 pm-9 pm–you don’t have to be a guest of the hotel to visit.
- Soar through the forest at Ozark Mountain Ziplines–This guided zipline canopy tour lasts about 2 hours with 10 zipline cables & one swinging bridge. Nestled in the heart of the Ozarks, these are the highest & longest cables in Arkansas ranging from 500 to 2000 feet long, and 10 to 300 feet off the ground.
- Take an Excursion Train or the Dining Car at ESNA Railway–Step back in time to an earlier age of locomotive transportation and enjoy the hour-long ride that runs along the restored Missouri and North Arkansas Railroad to “Junction” Arkansas and returns to the Depot. Fun for Families
- Visit Escape Room 13–Can you escape the room before time runs out? An immersive, live-action story with secret messages, hidden passages, and fun that puts you in the story.
Click for Mid-Week Eureka Springs Vacation Deals
Looking for more:
Travel Eureka Springs also recommends Eurekaspringskids.com to find things to do for families in Eureka Springs.