As the school year draws to a close, it’s time to start planning summer getaways and family-friendly activities. Summer is a terrific time to truly bond with your kids and spend quality time together as a family and Eureka Springs is the perfect place for this! Here’s a list of all the great things we have to offer this summer.
- Keep it cool at an area cave or cavern: Onyx Cave, War Eagle Cavern or Cosmic Cavern
- Hike or bike more than 45 miles of multi-use trails around Lake Leatherwood, Great Passion Play Trails, and Black Bass Lake
- Can you escape the room before time runs out? Visit Escape Room 13 to find out!
- Float Year Round at the area’s rivers and stand up paddleboard, kayak or canoe with SUP Outfitters, Float Eureka, or Trigger Gap Outfitters.
- Compete with your friends or family at Hatchet Throwing, cornhole, horseshoes, giant chess or checkers, Jenga, or bocce ball at Frisco Sporting Club
- Be adventurous as you Zipline through the forest at Ozark Mountain Ziplines
- Roar alongside the big cats and other wild animals at Turpentine Creek Wildlife Refuge
- Learn about the streets you walk at the Eureka Springs at the Eureka Springs Historical Museum
- Be inspired at America’s #1 Attended Outdoor Drama, The Great Passion Play
- Visit Blue Spring, pouring 38 million gallons of cold, clear water each day into its trout-filled lagoon.
- See all of historic Eureka Springs while someone else drives and narrates on the Tram Tour
- Shop our open-air Farmer’s Market on Thursday mornings at the Community Center Parking Lot
- Find your favorite swimming hole at an area pool, river or creek. Cool off with a swim in one of our clear, cool lakes.
- Rent a boat at Holiday Island Marina or Starkey Marina. Experience an evening of mystery and intrigue at Intrigue Theater
- Climb a 100′ Fire Tower at Razorback Gift Shop or The Village at Pine Mountain
- Golf at Holiday Island. Play Championship Golf less than one hour away
- Shop for Bargains at the Annual Yards & Yards of Yard Sales in August
- Take a Kids Hike in the woods and Visit Pivot Rock Natural Bridge
- Tour the Ozarks’ strangest dwelling, Quigley Castle
- The opera at Inspiration Point presents three fully-staged operas during its June and July summer opera festival Opera in the Ozarks
- Go to lunch at a landmark. On the National Register of Historic Places, The Crescent Hotel is a must-see Eureka Springs landmark and the SkyBar has the best pizza in Eureka Springs.
- While at the Crescent Hotel, walk down Crescent Drive to The St. Elizabeth Catholic Church. It is listed in “Ripley’s Believe It or Not” because visitors enter the building from the bell tower.
- Volkswagen lovers can meet up at the 3-Day Volkswagen Festival
- Ghost hunters can take a ghost tour at the Crescent Hotel, Basin Park Hotel, or around Haunted Eureka Springs
- Ditch your car and ride a Trolley around Eureka Springs
- Step back in time to an earlier age of locomotive transportation and enjoy the Excursion Train or the Dining Car at ESNA Railway.
- Enjoy a show at the Ozark Mountain Hoedown.
- What’s under downtown Eureka Springs? You can take a tour and find out!
- See why the beautiful Thorncrown Chapel has received dozens of architecture awards from around the world.
- Catch the daring stage performance, I Haunt You
- Enjoy local music & fun at one of our area bars & clubs.
- Explore the springs of Eureka Springs with this handy map
- Go fishing on one of our lakes or rivers: Beaver Lake, Table Rock Lake, Lake Leatherwood, Kings River or White River
- Stop to see the retired fighter jets at Aviation Cadet Museum.
- See a real working gristmill at nearby War Eagle Mill
- Shop until you drop at one of our dozens of shops and galleries
- Have a relaxing massage at one of the many spas throughout town
- Visit our local breweries (Eureka Springs Brewery & Got A Hold Brewing)
We also have a list of family-friendly lodging in Eureka Springs as well as Eureka Springs’ best places to eat for families.
Thinking about bringing your pet. Here are Pet Friendly Places to Stay in Eureka Springs